Cyrrus Limited is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. We will continue to comply with the provisions of the Data Protection Act (DAP) until 25 May 2018, after which we will comply with the General Data Protection Regulation ((EU) 2016/679) (“GDPR”) unless and until the GDPR is no longer directly applicable in the UK, together with any national implementing laws, regulations and secondary legislation as amended or updated from time to time in the UK, and any successor legislation to the GDPR and the DPA (together “Data Protection Legislation”). We are the data controller of data you pass to us pursuant to this policy.
What information does Cyrrus Limited hold and how will we use it?
You may give us information about you by completing enquiry forms on the website or by requesting via the website or by email that we send you marketing information, recruitment information or verbally. The information you give us may include your name, email address, company, address/location and phone number. We will retain this information while we are corresponding with you or providing services to you or to a Service User you represent.
Information Cyrrus Limited collects about you
Cyrrus Limited may collect the following information from you if you contact us via telephone or email or when you visit the website:
• Name and job title
• Contact information including email address
• Other information such as address, postcode
Information we receive from other sources
This includes information we receive about you when you use other websites operated by us or other services we provide. This information may include your name, email address, postal address and phone number.
We operate an implied consent policy. This means that we assume that if you visit the website with your browser set to accept cookies that you are happy with their usage. If you are not happy you should not use the site or delete these cookies at the end of your visit.
What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files that are transferred by a website to your browser directory. They help the website identify your browser/device. They perform different tasks on a website, and certain aspects of the website will not function correctly without them. To find out more about cookies visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
Session cookies are used to remember you when you log in. Disabling these cookies will stop this functionality working.
Further information about session cookies is available from http://www.allaboutcookies.org/cookies/session-cookies-used-for.html.
Use of the Information
Cyrrus Limited may use the information we receive and/or collect about you to:
• Fulfil our obligations under any contract we have with you or with a Service User you represent, and to provide you or the relevant Service User with information or services you or the Service User has requested;
• Send you newsletters and marketing information if you have consented to us doing so;
• Notify you of products and services we feel may interest you, or permit third parties to do so if you have provided the appropriate consent;
• Monitor website usage and provide statistics to third parties for the purposes of improving and developing the website and the services we provide via the website.
Cyrrus Limited processes personal information for certain legitimate business purposes, which include some or all the following:
• Where the processing enables Cyrrus Limited to enhance, modify, personalise or otherwise improve the website, its services or communications;
• To identify and prevent fraud;
• To enhance the security of Cyrrus Limited’s network and information systems;
• To better understand how people, interact with Cyrrus Limited’s websites;
• To administer the website and carry out data analysis, troubleshooting and testing; and
• To determine the effectiveness of promotional campaigns and advertising.
If we obtain consent from you to do so, we may provide your personal details to third parties so that they can contact you directly in respect of services in which you may be interested.
Where we are processing personal data, we have obtained via the website based on having obtained consent from you, you have the right to withdraw your consent to the processing of your personal data at any time. If you would like to withdraw your consent or prefer not to receive any of the above-mentioned information (or if you only want to receive certain information from us) please let us know by contacting us via the following webpage www.cyrrus.co.uk or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please bear in mind that if you object, this may affect our ability to carry out the tasks above for your benefit.
If you wish to have your information removed from our database or if you do not want us to contact you for marketing purposes, please let us know by contacting us via the following webpage www.cyrrus.co.uk or email email@example.com and we will take steps to ensure that this information is deleted as soon as reasonably practicable.
We will not share, sell or distribute any of the information you provide to us (other than as set out in this policy) without your prior consent, unless required to do so by law.
Third Party Sites
How Safe is your Information?
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of the website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone. Protecting your security and privacy is important to us and we make every effort to secure your information and maintain your confidentiality in accordance with the terms of the Data Protection Legislation. The website is protected by various levels of security technology, which are designed to protect your information from any unauthorised or unlawful access, processing, accidental loss, destruction and damage.
We will do our best to protect your personal data, but the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Any such transmission is therefore at your own risk.
Disclosure of your Information
We may share your personal information with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the Companies Act 2006. We may share your information with selected third parties including:
• Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter with them or you
• Third parties who may wish to contact you in respect of services or products they offer or sell which may be of interest to you, provided we receive your consent to such disclosure; and/or advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of the website
Please note we may need to disclose your personal information where we:
• Sell any or all our business or assets or we buy another business or assets in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective buyer or seller;
• Are under a legal duty to comply with any legal obligation or to enforce or apply our terms and conditions; or
• Need to disclose it to protect our rights, property or the safety of our customers or others, including the;
• exchange of information with other companies, organisations and/or governmental bodies for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Your Rights in Respect of your Data
If any of the information you provide to us via the website changes, please let us know as soon as possible so that we can make the necessary changes to the information we hold for you on our database. If you wish to make any changes to your information, please contact us via the following webpage www.cyrrus.co.uk or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you wish to access or rectify the information we hold about you, or request that such information be transmitted directly to another data controller, please contact us via the following webpage www.cyrrus.co.uk or email email@example.com. We shall process your request to access your information within one month of receipt, or we’ll let you know within that timeframe if we need more information from you. We will process your request free of charge.
To request that your information is deleted or if you wish to restrict or object to the processing of your information, please contact us via the following webpage www.cyrrus.co.uk or email firstname.lastname@example.org .
If you have any complaints about our use of your personal data, please contact us. You also have the right to complain to the relevant supervisory authority in your jurisdiction. In the UK, the supervisory authority is the Information Commissioner’s Office. Contact details for the ICO can be found at https://ico.org.uk/.
Signed: ……………………………………… Date: 01 April 2019
Rob Cooke (Managing Director)