Post Title: Instrument Flight Procedure (IFP) Designer
Salary Range: Negotiable Depending on Experience
Responsible To: MD/Accountable Manager
The post is full-time and based in Thirsk, North Yorkshire, however flexible working maybe considered.
The purpose of the role is to assist Cyrrus in providing its customers with a comprehensive aviation consultancy service that satisfy their individual needs and exceed expectations. The primary focus of this role is in the IFP domain with assistance in related airspace and Air Traffic Management (ATM) activities.
The role of IFP Designer will be responsible to the Principal IFP Designer for the supervision of delivery of IFP activities for Cyrrus. The IFP Designer will be required to maintain their design capabilities in IFP Design and Validation for Conventional and PBN procedures. Other responsibilities include:
- Assist the Principal IFP Designer in the approval process for new regulatory opportunities.
- Contribute to the review and maintenance of the Cyrrus Procedure Design Manual (PDM) and associated quality procedures to ensure it meets minimum regulatory requirements.
- Ensure design compliance across all activities within the PDM.
- Maintain good relations with IFP vendors and ensure all resources are maintained.
- Assist the Cyrrus Management team in identifying new opportunities and assist in the Business Development activities as identified in the 7-Gate process.
Accountabilities / Main Responsibilities
Core tasks and responsibilities for this position include:
- IFP design and validation activities as per the Cyrrus regulatory approval certificate issued by the UK Civil Aviation Authority;
- Design and oversight of IFP development and production in accordance with ICAO PANS OPS Doc 8168, UK CAP 785/778, relevant state documents and related national differences to Doc 8168 as notified in the UK AIP or other state documentation;
- The control and maintenance of IFP databases and design records in accordance with Cyrrus PDM and Quality Management System (ISO 9001:2015 certified);
- Ensure all procedure design undertaken by Cyrrus Ltd is in accordance with ICAO Doc 9906 and relevant state quality control documents;
- Adaptation and refinement of Company design processes in response to emerging national and international policies pertaining to IFP design;
- Liaise with IFP design staff and the Regulatory Authorities to ensure compliance with the appropriate State design criteria requirements;
- Ensure all design activity is in accordance with the Instrument Flight Procedure Manual for the relevant State;
- Ensure all documentation relating to IFP Design is kept up to date;
- Prepare for and take a full role in any audit’s undertaken for the purpose of IFP accreditation by relevant States;
- Accurately maintain IFP Section and personal Training Records.
- Conducting those Safeguarding tasks allocated to you that are within your area of competence;
- Undertaking Safeguarding assessments detailing the effects of new development on Airport Air Navigational Equipment, Obstacle Limitation Surfaces and IFPs;
- Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of Safeguarding requirements (Physical and IFP) including policy changes result from ICAO/EASA/EUROCONTROL or UK legislation;
- Control and maintenance of safeguarding databases and design records in accordance with Cyrrus Quality assurance and quality control processes (ISO 9001:2008 certified);
- Develop Safeguarding Maps to Customer Requirements;
- Use and maintain currency in the application of specialized computer software to analyse the impact of Safeguarding tasks and compile results and reports where appropriate;
- Development of Company design and safeguarding methodologies and associated tools;
- Liaison with airport managements, local planning authorities and developers as required by tasks.
- Use of planning tools to maintain project information and facilitate audit trails;
- Assist in the organization and scheduling of tasks to meet customer and project deadlines.
- Any other associated Air Traffic Management (ATM) task where you are deemed to have the suitable qualification and skills to produce a satisfactory result.
Information Technology Support
- Assisting with company IT regulation, maintenance and software rollout programmes including PHX.
- Comply with the Cyrrus Quality Management System;
- Provision of general support and assistance to all reasonable requests made by the Principal IFP Designer.
What you will receive
This role offers the opportunity to influence many diverse and complex projects within the ATM/CNS domain, while being part of a committed and professional team. The salary is negotiable depending on experience, along with 25 days’ annual holiday (plus UK Public Holidays) and other benefits.
How to apply