Post Title: ATM Technical Assistant
Salary Range: £24K
Responsible To: Operations Director
The Technical Assistant role is full-time and based in Thirsk, North Yorkshire. with a requirement to travel to client premises as needed. The Technical Assistant will contribute to the Air Traffic Management (ATM) business element of Cyrrus. ATM falls within Operations and includes assisting the ATM, Wind Farm, Safeguarding and Instrument Flight Procedure (IFP) sections. The Technical Assistant will be responsible for the timely delivery of aviation assessments in conjunction with the relevant consultant and project team.
Accountabilities / Main Responsibilities
The ATM Consultant will undertake the following:
The job context includes:
- Administration assistance to project teams.
- Developing reports, assessments and assisting with technical analysis.
- Producing diagrams and explanatory text.
- Planning and control of allocated work stream schedules to ensure on-time delivery to customers.
- Liaison with customers, developers, and Local Planning Authorities.
- Assisting Cyrrus with social media marketing activities.
The role of Technical Assistant will typically undertake the following range of tasks:
- Undertake training and demonstrate competency in the use of specialist computer modelling and simulation tools.
- Develop CAD drawings in support of project requirements.
- Use 3D GIS models to produce data and graphics for inclusion in reports.
- Develop 3D terrain models for Line-of-Sight assessments.
- Run computer simulations of radio navigation systems for technical safeguarding assessments, facility siting, and system design.
- Develop and maintain internal databases as directed.
- Provide support to other staff members in the delivery of services.
- Assist in the development of safeguarding processes and procedures for Cyrrus and external customers.
- Provide diagrams, text and draft routine safeguarding reports.
- Attend customer sites, as directed, in the UK and overseas to provide on-site support and expertise while work is being undertaken by Cyrrus staff, customers or their contractors.
- Undertake any other duty/activity and reasonable requests from your line manager that you are deemed to have the necessary skills to complete.
What you will receive
This role offers the opportunity to influence many diverse and complex projects within the ATM/CNS domain, while being part of a committed and professional team, along with 25 days’ annual holiday (plus UK Public Holidays) and other benefits.
How to apply