Post Title: ATM Systems Engineer
Salary Range: Negotiable Depending on Experience
Responsible To: Head of Engineering
The post is full-time and based in Thirsk, North Yorkshire although, will require travel to Customer premises worldwide.
The person in this role will influence the Company’s engineering effort to provide innovative and effective solutions to meet Customer needs. The post-holder will undertake a variety of CNS assignments/projects which might include requirements capture, project definition, design, procurement, validation and verification, assessment and audit tasks to meet project needs.
Accountabilities / Main Responsibilities
The ATM Systems Engineer will undertake the following:
Typically, the role requires the post-holder to undertake the following range of tasks:
- In liaison with customers, develop requirements documentation and tender specification for CNS/ATM systems;
- Define engineering requirements and develop ATC System solutions to meet customer requirements;
- Draft cost and timescale estimate for CNS/ATM systems replacements (including radar, navigational aids and communications);
- Participate in tender evaluations for new CNS/ATM systems and contribute to the tender evaluation reports;
- Project manage assigned projects through to completion and be responsible for the on-time delivery of the project and costs;
- Attend sites to provide on-site support and expertise while work is being undertaken by customers or their contractors;
- Conduct engineering audits and conditions surveys;
- Participate in the safety assurance process (to include HAZID identification, safety case development and subsequent review and update) and human factors assessment;
- Participate in quality improvement projects within the Company;
- Support statutory and technical safeguarding tasks, following training in the Cyrrus safeguarding methodology;
- Conduct a performance assessment on a full range of CNS systems including radar, navigational aids and voice communications;
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with clients and CNS suppliers to help secure future business;
- Mentorship of junior engineer colleagues as the organisation grows;
- Maintain up to date knowledge of CNS/ATM systems, including policy changes resulting from ICAO, EASA and or UK legislation;
- Carry out any other associated task where you are deemed to have the suitable qualifications and skill sets to provide a satisfactory result;
- Undertake any other duty/activity and reasonable requests from your line manager that you are deemed to have the necessary skills to complete.
Knowledge and Experience
The role shall possess a thorough and demonstrable understanding of systems engineering and knowledge of the operational considerations when working within this safety critical domain. As an accomplished engineer they will hold, or be seeking to attain, Chartered Engineer status.
Previous experience within the CNS and Air Traffic Control environment is required. Experience of Requirements Management applications (DOORS, Cradle, etc.) is highly desirable.
The post-holder will have good communication and interpersonal skills, able to communicate effectively and report at all levels with demonstrable experience in customer-facing roles.
Must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
What you will receive
This role offers the opportunity to influence many diverse and complex projects within the ATM/CNS domain, while being part of a committed and professional team. The salary is negotiable depending on experience, along with 25 days’ annual holiday (plus UK Public Holidays) and other benefits.
How to apply