Post Title: ATM Consultant
Salary Range: Negotiable Depending on Experience
Responsible To: Operations Director
The post is full-time and based in Thirsk, North Yorkshire although, will require travel to Customer premises worldwide.
The role of ATM Consultant Operations is wide-ranging, and the incumbent is responsible to the Operations Director, for the provision of aviation solutions to industry.
The purpose of the role is to assist Cyrrus in providing its customers with a comprehensive aviation consultancy service that satisfy their individual needs and exceed expectations.
The role will also be required to provide cover for the Operation’s Director when required.
Accountabilities / Main Responsibilities
The ATM Consultant will undertake the following:
Core tasks and responsibilities for this position include:
- Utilise Air Traffic Management (ATM) expertise to support and deliver solutions to meet customer requirements including:
- aerodrome-related projects.
- airspace-related projects.
- air navigation service provision.
- IFP design commissions.
- Wind energy projects.
- Safeguarding tasks.
- Support commercial bids for projects requiring ATM and operational safety input.
- Establish and maintain a thorough understanding of the airspace change process (as set out in CAP 1616) and associated policy issued by DfT and UK CAA.
- Undertake feasibility studies, audits and analyses associated with airport and airspace projects. e.g., Airport developments including “green-field” and upgrades to existing sites.
- Produce technical reports appropriate to scope and technical requirements.
- Provide operational aviation input and guidance in support of related safety management and aerodrome-related projects.
- Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of ATM in the UK and Europe including policy changes resulting from ICAO, EASA and UK legislation.
- Maintain an up to date knowledge of the Cyrrus Staff Employee Handbook.
- Maintain and sustain relationships with clients.
- Undertake any other duty/activity and reasonable requests from your line manager that you are deemed to have the necessary skills to complete.
Knowledge and Experience
- Aviation domain knowledge/experience within the UK and Europe.
- Good understanding of the UK Airspace Modernisation Strategy and its applicability to airport operations.
- Good understanding of the UK Airspace Change Process (CAP 1616).
- Understanding of existing and emerging ATM technology systems.
- Working knowledge of Safety Management Systems and the ability to support production of system safety cases.
- Able to prioritise work requirements according to task importance and timescales.
- Ability to develop solutions as well as identify problems.
- Strong command of English language, both oral and written.
- Ability to write in English to Common European Framework level C1.
- MS Office Computing Skills (Software).
- To comply with UK Health and Safety Management legislation.
What you will receive
This role offers the opportunity to influence many diverse and complex projects within the ATM/CNS domain, while being part of a committed and professional team. The salary is negotiable depending on experience, along with 25 days’ annual holiday (plus UK Public Holidays) and other benefits.
How to apply